How to integrate joe on your Square POS
1 - Download joe Merchant PLUS
First step is to download the joe Merchant PLUS app to your iOS device (or Android device if you have a Square register and setting up wit ha secondary tablet).
Note: ALL joe refunds, inventory changes, or updates to your menu prices MUST be done through the joe Merchant PLUS app.
- Connect the iPad/Android device to your shop's reliable wifi source
- Download joe Merchant PLUS app from the iOS App store or Google Play Store
- Update settings to enable 'Stay awake':
- In iPad Settings > Go to "Display & Brightness" > Auto Lock > Choose "Never"
- Open joe Merchant PLUS and Get Started.
- Sign in to your joe merchant account with your email address and password
- Select the store you want to pair this device to, then name the device. We recommend "[Shop Name] joe device".
- You will be given two different modes to choose from:
- Point of Sale Barista Facing
- Point of Sale Consumer Facing (joe POS only)
- Select Point of Sale Barista Facing followed by Continue
- This device is now set to accept mobile orders, make refunds, adjust inventory for joe orders
2 - Enable Always Online
Before integrating joe with Square, you must update these settings in joe to ensure your baristas never miss an order. Enabling the "Always Online" feature of joe will trigger a phone call to your shop if a mobile order is not accepted within 30 seconds.
- On a Chrome browser, log in to your joe Merchant Portal
- Select Stores from the left menu bar > Edit Details next to your shop location > Settings tab
- Scroll to where your phone number is listed. If the number correct, click the Verify Now button.
- A pop up window with a verification code will open. You will also receive an automated phone call to the number you are verifying. Enter the verification code on your shop phone.
- Toggle the switch to "Always be online"
3 - Integrating joe + Square
- Still on the Settings tab of your merchant portal, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Link Square Account. This will redirect you to Square where you will need to login and give permission.
- After giving permission, you will be directed back to the joe Merchant Portal
- Select Stores > Edit Details > Settings tab again
- Scroll to the bottom and select the correct store location from the dropdown list and select Save
Note: If you need to unlink your Square account from joe, select the orange "Unlink" button in the bottom right hand corner.
4 - Settings
After linking your joe and Square accounts, update these settings to ensure sounds and push notifications are enabled
- From the Settings app on your device, scroll down to the Square app settings, tap Notifications, and toggle ON Sounds and Badges
- Next, open your Settings on the Square App by selecting the More tab from the bottom menu bar, followed by Settings
- From the left hand Settings menu, select Orders followed by Alerts
- Toggle ON Allow notifications.
- Tap Preview Notification to see what a push notification for a new order will look like