How to connect a bluetooth printer
joe Merchant PLUS is compatible with Star Micronics bluetooth printers. Connecting your joe device to a bluetooth printer is an efficient way to send orders to baristas, and an effective way to ensure consistency. To connect joe to a Star Micronics bluetooth printer, follow these 3 steps.
1 - Set up device
- Connect the printer to power and load receipt paper
- With the printer OFF, press and hold the Feed button located on the front of the printer and simultaneously turn ON the power button. Let go of the feed button when the receipt starts to print.
- Two receipts will print, a very long receipt and a much shorter one. The second receipt will detail the Bluetooth Information and will list the Current Setting as ON.
2 - Connect to device via bluetooth
- From your device's Settings app, turn bluetooth ON
- On the back of the printer, press and hold the red Pairing button for 5 seconds to activate Pairing mode (green LED light will flash). The printer is now able to pair via bluetooth for up to 60 seconds
- "Star Micronics" will be listed in the Bluetooth Available devices list, tap to complete pairing.
3 - Connect to joe & add print tasks
- On your joe Merchant PLUS app, select the Gear icon from the left menu sidebar to open joe Settings
- Tap Printers > Find Printer
- Nearby Printers pop up window will open > Add > Add Printer
- Add task to choose what type of receipt/ticket you would like printed for every order
- Select the task type
- Receipt - details entire order on one receipt
- Item Ticket - prints individual receipts for every item in the order
- If you select Item Ticket, choose the Ticket Type (Individual or Merged) and the categories for the ticket
- Add additional tasks for additional receipts/tickets on every order
- To test your new printer settings:
- Return to order status screen > tap a customer's profile > scroll to recent order > tap Print Receipt > select items to reprint > print receipt