Featured Menu Items: What they are and how to set them
As former baristas, we know the importance of up-selling to customers to encourage higher average tickets. With Featured Items, joe automatically up-sells items on your behalf, giving you a boost to your bottom line!
You can feature up to two items per category (Hot Drinks, Cold Drinks, Food, and additional menu categories) so choose wisely! We recommend adding splashy photos to your signature drinks, easy up-sell food items like pastries, or seasonal specials you might be offering.
There are two areas in the app where your Featured Items automatically appear to users:
- In the "Shops near you" search page - perfect for capturing customers looking to discover more shops nearby!
- Every menu category - encourages impulse purchases and larger spending!
How to set Featured Menu Items
Important to note: If you have multiple locations, you will need to set featured items and checkout up-sell items for each store.
- Log in to your joe Merchant Portal, select Stores from the left hand menu
- Select the orange Edit Details button to the right of the store location you would like to add featured items to
- Select the Menu settings tab
- In the center of your screen, select the Menu tab.
- Scroll to the second section titled Featured Items
- For each category, including any additional categories, use the drop down menus to set the Featured Items.
- Be sure to save these items!