- How to add an Ethernet Printer
joe Merchant PLUS is compatible with Star Micronics bluetooth printers. Connecting your joe device to a bluetooth printer is an efficient way to send orders to baristas, and an effective way to ensure consistency. To connect joe to a Star Micronics bluetooth printer, follow these 3 steps.
1 - Set up device
- Connect the printer to power and load receipt paper
- With the printer OFF, press and hold the Feed button located on the front of the printer and simultaneously turn ON the power button. Let go of the feed button when the receipt starts to print.
- Two receipts will print, a very long receipt and a much shorter one. The second receipt will detail the Bluetooth Information and will list the Current Setting as ON.
2 - Connect to device via Ethernet
- From your router or modem, grab the ethernet cable and plug it into any of the four sockets available for ethernet
- On the back of the printer, find the LAN cable to connect the ethernet cable to the printer. this will connect the printer to the network
- "Star Micronics" light will turn from red to green, allow a few seconds for the printer to connect to the network to retrieve the IP address from the DHCP router
3 - Connect to joe to Printer
- On your joe Merchant PLUS app, select the Gear icon from the left menu sidebar to open joe Settings
- Tap Printers >Tap the Dropdown Arrow > Tap All Near By > Tap Find Printer
- joe POS Pop up will appear for permission to connect to devices to your network select Allow
- Nearby Printers pop up window will open > Add > Add Printer
4 - Time to add print tasks
- Add task to choose what type of receipt/ticket you would like printed for every order
- Select the task type
- Receipt - details entire order on one receipt
- Item Ticket - prints individual receipts for every item in the order
- If you select Item Ticket, choose the Ticket Type (Individual or Merged) and the categories for the ticket
- Add additional tasks for additional receipts/tickets on every order
- To test your new printer settings:
- Return to order status screen > tap a customer's profile > scroll to recent order > tap Print Receipt > select items to reprint > print receipt