Set up your Stripe Reader M2 Card Reader
Note: The Stripe Reader M2 reader must be charged to 100% before pairing to your joe device.
To set up your bluetooth card reader to your POS iPad:
- Ensure the bluetooth on your iPad is turned ON.
- Plug in bluetooth card reader cradle to reliable power source and turn ON the bluetooth Stripe Reader M2 card reader by pressing and releasing the power button. The status LEDs turn on and the reader beeps twice.
- Note: The reader will wait for a Bluetooth connection for five minutes before turning off.
- On joe, tap the Gear icon on the left sidebar to open Settings followed by the Card Readers tab.
- Tap Add Card Reader. The iPad will search for the bluetooth card reader and request to pair with it. Select Pair in the bluetooth pop up window.
- When the reader connects to the joe POS app on your device, the status LEDs on top of the reader flash four times. After connecting, the first status light begins flashing at five second intervals.
- After paired, we recommend checking for an update and completing a test charge.
For additional resources regarding your Stripe Reader M2, we recommend referencing Stripe's support docs.
How to add a printer
joe Merchant PLUS is compatible with Star Micronics bluetooth printers. Connecting your joe device to a bluetooth printer is an efficient way to send orders to baristas, and an effective way to ensure consistency. To connect joe to a Star Micronics bluetooth printer, follow these 3 steps.
We have three printer connection options - Ethernet Printer, Bluetooth Printer and USB Printers.
1 - Set up device
- Connect the printer to power and load receipt paper
- With the printer OFF, press and hold the Feed button located on the front of the printer and simultaneously turn ON the power button. Let go of the feed button when the receipt starts to print.
- Two receipts will print, a very long receipt and a much shorter one. The second receipt will detail the Bluetooth Information and will list the Current Setting as ON.
2 - Connect to your Printer
To connect joe to a Star Micronics Ethernet printer, follow these 3 steps.
- From your router or modem, grab the ethernet cable and plug it into any of the four sockets available for ethernet
- On the back of the printer, find the LAN cable to connect the ethernet cable to the printer. this will connect the printer to the network
- "Star Micronics" light will turn from red to green, allow a few seconds for the printer to connect to the network to retrieve the IP address from the DHCP router
Connect your Printer to your joe POS device via bluetooth settings
- From your device's Settings app, turn bluetooth ON
- On the back of the printer, press and hold the red Pairing button for 5 seconds to activate Pairing mode (green LED light will flash). The printer is now able to pair via bluetooth for up to 60 seconds
- "Star Micronics" will be listed in the Bluetooth Available devices list, tap to complete pairing.joe Merchant PLUS is compatible with Star Micronics bluetooth printers. Connecting your joe device to a bluetooth printer is an efficient way to send orders to baristas, and an effective way to ensure consistency.
How to connect USB Printer
- Make sure you have the Anke USB C adapter, USB B and and USB C Cable available and on hand before you begin.
- On the back of the printer you will see a USB Port that you will want to make sure you insert the cable and then connect the usb c end to the Anker adapter.
- From there you will will want connect power to the adapter where it says PD
- Then select your printers tab by going to settings - printers - select USB Printer.
3 - Connect to joe & add print tasks
- On your joe Merchant PLUS app, select the Gear icon from the left menu sidebar to open joe Settings
- Tap Printers > Add Printer and select Bluetooth
- Nearby Printers pop up window will open > tap the desired printer name, followed by Add Printer
- Note: Your printer is defaulted to print both a receipt and itemized ticket for ever order. Tap the pencil icon to edit these defaulted print tasks.
- Add new print tasks by selecting the blue Add Task button and select
- Receipt - details entire order on one receipt
- Item Ticket - prints individual receipts for every item in the order
- If you select Item Ticket, choose the Ticket Type (Individual or Merged) and the categories for the ticket
- To test your new printer settings:
- Tap the "..." in the left hand corner of the Printer Settings followed by Print