How do I create a custom charge option on my point of sale menu
How to create a custom charge option on your Point of Sale Menu
It is common for coffee shops to have certain items not listed on their menu. To address this in their menu coffee shops ring up orders under a miscellaneous charge and input a note to keep track of the items being sold. For our partners we have provided this experience by simply following the steps below.
- Log in to your Merchant Portal https://merchant.joe.coffee/
- Select your menu tab and click on the pencil icon
- If you don't already go ahead and create a custom category and title it POS Section. If you have questions or need help follow these instructions here.
- Create a new item and title it as you see fit. Our recommendation is Custom Charge or MISC Charge to help keep track in your operation reports.
- Next step go ahead and make the size price at $0.00
- Then create a "MISC Charge Options" Modifier and create the charge increments you'd like to have for your baristas at checkout. In this example the options are .25, .50, $1, $5 and $10. and select save. Click here if you need help with modifier creation.
- From here go ahead and add the
- From here go ahead and go to your iPad and mark your new item as Hidden to remove from the consumer app